The Laboratory of force and hardness measurements has been established to meet the needs of local industry, mainly those of the construction sector. The key activities of the laboratory of force and hardness relate with ensuring traceability of measurements at international level for the physical unit of force and transmission of the unit of force to lowest levels up to end users. A priority of this laboratory is the participation in inter-laboratory comparisons in order to achieve, international recognition.
Actually, international level measurement traceability can be achieved through comparison/calibration of the series of the reference force transducers series in a National Institute of Metrology, which has declared Calibration and Measurement Capabilities in BIPM KCDB (the calibration of transducers from the range of 10 N to 2 000 kN has been performed in the National Institutes of Metrology of Turkey and Germany).
The dissemination of force unit to the end users is realised through calibration, by following accredited procedures. The laboratory of force has been accredited by the General Directorate of Accreditation (GDA) since May 2009, in accordance with SSH ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 with accreditation certificate no. LK-001.
Accreditation Certificate and Calibration List
The force unit dissemination to end user is realised through the calibration of:
- Static uniaxial tensile, compressive loading material testing machines according to DIN EN ISO 7500-1 Standard. The force-providing machines of static uniaxial load in tension and compression according to DIN EN ISO 7500-1.
- Calibration of concrete testing machines in tension to EN 12390–4 Standard.
Measuring instruments and devices used for calibrations:
- Series of force transducers in tension and compression mode, in the range from 20 N to 3 MN;
- Digital high-precision ,measuring amplifier, DMP 40 with measurement accuracy 0.0005;
- Measuring amplifier, MGC plus type (to perform on-site calibrations);
- CATMAN software (for direct registration of measurement values);
- K148 type calibrator (for the calibration of MGC plus amplifier before every use).
For the calibration of concrete testing machines in tension and compression, the laboratory has also many auxiliary devices for the measuring hardness, roughness, flexibility, flatness of compression plates.
Equipment of the laboratory of forceThe hardness laboratory performs hardness verifications of Rockvel, Brinell, Vickers and Universal types.. Currently, this laboratory performs calibrations and the certification of material testing machines in all laboratories involved in testing of construction materials (concrete, asphalt concrete, cement, and bricks), textile and leather materials.
This laboratory will soon be equipped with a Standard Force Machine (Jockey Weight), with a capacity up to 100 kN, with 4 measuring ranges. Read more:Beautiful Baby Names That Mean Miracle