The laboratory ensures measurement traceability in the field of length.
The traceability in the laboratory of length is realised through length end standards of K, O Class up to the working end standards. This process is carried out through a continuous chain of comparisons, taking into account the estimation of the measuring uncertainty.
In order to ensure comparisons and reliability of measurement results, the unit of meter is the basic unit to determine the respective traceability of measurements in the field of length.
The definition of the length measurement unit: The meter (symbol m) is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
The length laboratory has the following equipment:
- 1. Set of end quantities, K, 0 Class, 1 from 0,5mm to 100mm;
2. Comparator of end standards, instrument for measuring end standards through method of comparison with a measuring range of 0.5mm-100mm;
3. DIGIMAR height measuring instrument, with a measuring range of 0-300mm and division range of 0.001 mm.
4. OPTIMAR 100 testing instrument, for the calibration of comparators, with a measuring range of 0.5 mm – 100 mm;
5. Universal length measuring device, with internal and external measuring dimensions, external range of 0 – 1200 mm, internal measuring range of minimally 40 – 160 mm, with resolution 0.1µm
6. Length meter with measuring range up to 3000 mm, with resolution 5µm
7. Standard meter with division range of 0,2 mm and measuring range of 0 – 1100 mm, Class 1
8. End standards, with measuring range 125 – 1000 mm, class 1.
The services provided by length laboratory are:
– Calibration of gauge blocks with gauge block comparator through comparison method;
– Calibration of Vernier and digital callipers of different dimensions;
– Calibration of comparators (mechanical and digital) of different dimensions;
– Calibration of micrometers (mechanical and digital) of different dimensions;
– Verification of level meters with measuring range up to 500 mm;
– Verification of different dimensions of heights with measuring range up to 300 mm, of depth, internal and external diameters;
– Verification of tape meters of different dimensions.