This laboratory ensures the measurement traceability of breath-alcohol analysis in our country through verification of alcohol measuring instruments used by traffic police departments. This traceability will be ensured through the national standard composed of three glass balloons in a thermostatic bath.
The material basis of this laboratory consists of the following:
- – Thermostatic bath, temperature range of 20 °C to 40 °C, temperature stability 0,01 °C;
– Breath-alcohol analysis with a measuring range from 0 to 3 mg/L, by Drager;
– Precision gas meter, with a range of 20-1200 L/h with accuracy 0.5%;
– Flow meter controller with a range up to 13.33NI/min with accuracy 0.01%;
– Measuring instrument for temperature monitoring system;
– Analytical high precision balances of 200 g, d = 0.1 mg; 2500 g, d = 0.01 mg;
– Set of pipettes, beakers;
– CRM, etc.
Calibration of different measuring instruments of alcohol concentration in breathing.
PH and Conductivity Laboratories
Recently, the Ph Measurement and Conductivity Laboratory has been set up, which is part of the laboratory of chemical measurements that will soon begin practical activity.
This lab will provide traceability of ph and conductivity measurements in our country through the calibration of the ph and conductivity instruments used by various chemical and analytical laboratories in the territory of Albania.
The material base of this laboratory includes:
-pH meter with two electrodes combined with a temperature range of 20 ° C to 40 ° C;
– Instrument gauges of electrical conductivity with a temperature range of 20 ° C to 40 ° C;
– Analytical scales and high precision 200 g, d = 0.1 mg;
– Measuring instrument for temperature monitoring in the system;
– Oven, water jug, plastic pipette set and beakers;
– CRM, etc.